Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Introductions


I have always been interested in people and how they work both with and against each other. I suppose that is where my interest in social work comes from. I have been politically active since the age of 10 when it occurred to me that Redwood Trees were indeed, rare. It was about then when I started asking all kinds of questions.

I am a case manager at a very small nonprofit in Fort Bragg, CA that's focus is on assisting homeless and disabled people get stabilized and into permanent housing. Before working at my present place of employment, I worked as an in-home caregiver for hospice patients and people with Alzheimer's Disease for 10 years. Additionally, I have also been an event coordinator for national events, a wedding florist, a baker, a waitress, housekeeper, etc.

My undergraduate degree was awarded from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, CA. I also studied at Prescott College in Prescott, Arizona and at a couple junior colleges.

My goal at present is to be the best mother, aunt, partner, friend, daughter, sister that I can be to all those in my life and those I meet throughout my day. Professionally it is to become an LCSW toward the end of doing private counseling practice as well as working within local agencies to help those with mental illness, advocacy, groups, etc.

One thing I want you to know about me is that I truly believe if I am not moving toward the light, I am moving toward the dark. Interpret that as you like.



Joshua Tree climbing trip a couple years ago.


My son and niece.


My son at Glass Beach.


My son and I. He's quite lively.


My sister and I in Ukiah at "the rocketship park."


My son and I, napping.




Me and my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment